Skocz do zawartości

[ENGLISH][WARSAW] Good quality chinos in Warsaw with instore corrections available?

Reginaldo

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Good day everybody!

That's my first post over here. I'm to move to Warsaw to study in UW soon, and I've been pointed towards BWB as the largest Polish community of men who care about the clothes they wear.
I do apologize for breaking the general rule of Polish being the language of this website, as my level of Polish is admittedly lacking - but I'm studying it in hope of joining the community on full rights soon.

Now on, if any of the gentlemen are still with me. I'm generally quite proficient (or lucky) with ordering stuff online as it tends to fit, with exception of chinos. They always end up being too long, or too narrow, or too stacked, and have to go to tailor. That was especially painful living in Belarus, where I was born, as stores that would take your pants or shorten them for you, same as proficient tailors, almost don't exist there. I hope the situation is better over here.

I'd like to ask community members from Warsaw to point me towards a shop or a brand in Warsaw that carries good quality chinos, and can to shorten them or take them in a bit if they don't fit, or at least has a physical store where you can try clothes on. My budget would be comfortably 400 PLN, and I can stretch out for 50-80 more if they're really good.

Good day everybody!

That's my first post over here. I'm to move to Warsaw to study in UW soon, and I've been pointed towards BWB as the largest Polish community of men who care about the clothes they wear.
I do apologize for breaking the general rule of Polish being the language of this website, as my level of Polish is admittedly lacking - but I'm studying it in hope of joining the community on full rights soon.
Now on, if any of the gentlemen are still with me. I'm generally quite proficient (or lucky) with ordering stuff online as it tends to fit, with exception of chinos. They always end up being too long, or too narrow, or too stacked, and have to go to tailor. That was especially painful living in Belarus, where I was born, as stores that would take your pants or shorten them for you, same as proficient tailors, almost don't exist there. I hope the situation is better over here.

I'd like to ask community members from Warsaw to point me towards a shop or a brand in Warsaw that carries good quality chinos, and can to shorten them or take them in a bit if they don't fit, or at least has a physical store where you can try clothes on. My budget would be comfortably 200 PLN, and I can stretch out for 50-80 more if they're really good.

I don't know whether you've already know about TKMaxx, but for good quality chinos in reasonable prices this is a good option. Being a kind of multibrand outlet this shop is always a bit of lottery in terms of what you can find here, but there is always plenty of trousers so you could find something here with ease. I recommend the one on Marszałkowska street.
Speaking of tailors, there is no problem with finding them in Warsaw. Just get to know what part of Warsaw you will be living in and somebody will recommend you a local tailor.

Greetings from UW student!
  • Oceniam pozytywnie 1

OK, sooner or later someone is going to suggest a little bit of budget-stretching, so why don't we get this out of the way now:-)

Check out Benevento, a forum partner. They will go out of their way to make your chinos fit, and - with 10% off for a new customer - you get some of the best trousers available in this country for a little over PLN 300 per pair, depending on the model. Truth be told, they aren't always reliable, but the bottom line is that they can be reasoned with. For my money: product 6 stars out of 5, service 3.5 out of 5, value for money after discount 4.5 out of 5. I have been trying to kill a pair of linen trousers that they sent me three years ago: no luck so far;-) They seem to speak English, too.

• Oceniam pozytywnie 2

TKMaxx, as mentioned earlier, is a way to go - with a bit of luck you can find decent chinos there for as low as 100 PLN (and a lot of chinos / jeans below 200 PLN). For the alterations, there is, for example, a frequently recommended alteration workshop on Smolna 38 Street (close to both UW campus and TKMaxx) - the ladies there charge around 20 PLN for the shortening of chinos or suit trousers.

• Oceniam pozytywnie 1

Thanks to everyone for your input - I'm very grateful for the information.

However, I must say that I have miscalculated the sums - still not gotten used -to PLN, I suppose. Instead of 200 PLN, which would be ~50 EUR, my comfortable budget is twice that, `100 EUR (which would mean, I suppose, around 400 PLN), with an opportunity to throw about 20EUR (or about 80 PLN) on top. I've corrected the numbers in the first post.

This means that Benevento is well within what I'd be OK with paying, and I'd love to pull the trigger on those, although their measurement system seems a bit weird. I have the measurements for the pants I believe fit me quite well, but that for crotch to inseam, and the website takes those from hip to inseam. I think I'll be in touch with their customer service and hope we can figure a pair or two out for me.

Otherwise, has anyone had experience with Pierre Cardin? I've had an opportunity to try their "Lyon-fit" pants in a trip once, and felt very satisfied with the way they sat on me, but I'm not sure about the price-to-quality ratio.

@Reginaldo Pierre Cardin is a brand that is licensed extensively, so the quality of their trousers can differ drastically, depending on the actual producer. Having said that I got few pairs of Pierre Cardin chinos from a multi brand shop called Peek&Cloppenburg and they were pretty nice trousers.

• Oceniam pozytywnie 3

If you have that kind of budget, go with Benevento (definitely pick up a pair of linens, too), but our colleagues are right that you will need to tweak a little to get the right fit. (Hint: think in inches.) Order one pair first and be ready to send it back for changes. Once you get the fit you like, you can order multiple pairs with confidence. One thing to keep in mind is that they prefer an extremely slim fit and low rise, so if you  prefer something roomier, you need to let them know. 

I have also found Charles Tyrwhitt chinos to be cheaper, decent option if you're looking for a more traditional ("classic") fit. But Benevento quality can't be beat once you get your size down right.

• Oceniam pozytywnie 1

I think you may also want to consider Massimo Dutti, but probably only during the sale season, which normally starts in mid-June. You can find MD in every major shopping mall in Warsaw and it's relatively easy to find some quality chinos there. Their regular prices are a bit too high to my taste, as it is nothing more but a chain store, however prices tend to drop significantly during the sale season and it is not unheard of to score a pair of good chinos for as little as 150 PLN, therefore you might be able to buy more than one pair within your budget.

• Oceniam pozytywnie 1

Personally I think very highly of Charles Tyrwhitt chinos, and they tend to fit me really well.

I know an online shop is not what you're looking for, but they have this great return policy, so I wouldn't even bother looking elsewhere...

I know it sounds like I'm the owner of CT, or at least an employee, but believe me I'm not, I'm but another happy client.

• Oceniam pozytywnie 1