Skocz do zawartości

In English about style and elegance

Gość grenadierow

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Gość grenadierow

Hi Gentlemen,

I'm sorry once again to be posting in English but I would rather participate than not :)

I'm hoping for a little feedback on shopping for a classic white shirt.

Shopping today for a classic white shirt for my suit. I'm over 6 feet and obviously very slim, 196 cm and 75 kg.

My suit jacket is fairly slim fitting so I'm looking for an appropriately slim shirt with long enough sleeves for me. This is one of the best I found today . . . what do you think?

Please post in Polish if you like, I google translate everything!

I have not bought the shirt yet.

I'm especially interested in your opinions on:

a) sleeve length (I know the picture is not ideal)

B) what is wrong with the collar points? Will they 'sit down' against the shirt after a wash & iron? Maybe the collar stands up like this because of the way it was packed on the shelf?

I am standing in a strange posture, don't know why.

Shirt is Joop slim fit, european size 40. It's at Van Graf in Złoty Tarasy. I looked for shirts also at Zegna, Burberry, Armani, Boss (all near plac trzech krzyzy). Also checked Vistula, Boss, Royal Collection, E. Berg, and two of the other shirting shops in Złoty Tarasy. This one seemed the best of all of them - the fabric is nothing special but the fit is the best.

Regards and thanks for the input.

post-1-13658919360244_thumb.jpg

It's decent.

The fir in the chest and hips looks ok.

Problems:

1. collar- i think it's too small for your face.

2. collar wings should touch body of the shirt

3. sleeves- it's good to fit new shirt with jacket and see how they work together. I think sleeves of your shirt are tad short and also bit loose around the wrists.

4. if you intend to wear it as dress shirt it could be a little longer

Gość grenadierow

It's decent.

The fir in the chest and hips looks ok.

Problems:

1. collar- i think it's too small for your face.

2. collar wings should touch body of the shirt

3. sleeves- it's good to fit new shirt with jacket and see how they work together. I think sleeves of your shirt are tad short and also bit loose around the wrists.

4. if you intend to wear it as dress shirt it could be a little longer

Great. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. For what this shirt costs (400+) I think I could get something better MTM from DaVinci as you recommend. I would have to get it right on the first try :)

1. Do you recommend a taller collar then? Longer points? What type of collar would you recommend for my face? I've attached another photo with less blurring . . .

2. I don't know why those collar wings don't lay flat on the shirt. That completely ruins the look and I'm not sure if it would go away with a wash and iron or not. A major problem. With the jacket on it looks even worse.

3. I actually have the jacket with me there - it's in the bag. There is no picture because I became convinced today the sleeves of my suit jacket are still too long. I'm convinced that I miscommunicated with the tailor and they have not been shortened at all yet.

4. I do intend to wear it as a dress shirt, and others seem to agree that perhaps it is a little short. This had not worried be but I will think about it.

I sincerely appreciate your observations. I think, especially considering the price, that this shirt is not good enough. I will inquire at DaVinci about MTM.

Pozdrawiam,

K

post-1-13658919360664_thumb.jpg

Gość grenadierow

You have a long neck, so you can wear taller collars. Semi spreads and spreads will work well with your face contour. The cost of DaVinci MTM in white poplin should not exceed 300pln, you should go there, they will advise the style and all details.

Once again Macaroni, thanks for your thoughtful input. I have already made contact with DaVinci and they have been helpful. As soon as my jacket is back from the tailor (I need to shorten the sleeves) I'll head there for a shirt.

Does wearing a taller collar mean that I also need a correspondingly taller collar on my suit jacket I'm already a little concerned that I'm on the border of showing a little too much shirt collar on my neck at the back of the jacket.

Pozdrawiam,

K